Re: dpkg hiding packages?

Thanks Andrew, but I think giving a fileglob to dpkg is more efficient

in this case, dpkg finds everything containing reiser, but grepping dosen't
work since the output already have been cut :(

bill@tormentor:/coda$ dpkg -l '*reiser*'
uppercase=bad)
||/ Name            Version         Description
+++-===============-===============-==============================================
un  kernel-headers- <none>          (no description available)
un  kernel-image-2. <none>          (no description available)
un  kernel-patch-2. <none>          (no description available)
un  kernel-patch-2. <none>          (no description available)
un  kernel-patch-2. <none>          (no description available)
un  kernel-patch-2. <none>          (no description available)
ii  reiserfsprogs   3.x.0j-7        User-level tools for ReiserFS filesystems

bill@tormentor:/coda$ dpkg -l | grep reiser

--
Billy Nadeau   -   bill@sanac.net
PGP Fingerprint 1702 404D 2F63 A799 B5A2  00A1 B362 C7BF 7325 8634