Re: dpkg hiding packages?

Sean Perry <Sean> writes:
SP> You really need to think of apt like a web browser.  It knows how
SP> to show you what is out there and let you download it.

I think in most cases you want to think of a real front-end tool
(like, for example, aptitude) as a Web browser.  'apt-get' is like
wget; if you know exactly what you're looking for it's useful, but
it's hard to ask it why certain things are, and it completely ignores
package "suggests:" and "recommends:" relationships.  'dpkg' is more
like netcat, while we're drawing bad analogies.

	-- Abra Mitchell