Re: fetchmail & exim on a ppp dialup

Mario Vukelic <mario.vukelic@chello.at> writes:

> What is in your fetchmail config file? How do you start fetchmail? What
> option did you choose in eximconfig (when it asks what type of mailing
> site you want) and how did you answer the questions? Since exim is run
> from inetd per default, is there a smtp: line in your /etc/inetd.conf?
> What's in /etc/hosts.deny, /etc/hosts.allow?
> What program do you use to read your mail?

What are the permissions of /var/spool/mail/paul (or whatever) ?

-rw-r-----    1 paul    mail    ?

Are the logs in /var/spool/log telling you anything? (syslog, maillog and
the exim logs are the ones to check.)

Put this line in .fetchmailrc

# next line when uncommented sends output to maillog -
set  syslog

Then let us see the tail end of maillog

Glyn

               *          Here we are then.......               *
               * http://members.tripod.co.uk/Christchurch2000uk *