Re: fetchmail & exim on a ppp dialup

On Sun, 2001-12-16 at 05:49, Paul E Condon wrote:
> I have a newly installed Potato host. I have installed and configured fetchmail
> and exim as best I understand.
> Email is not coming through to the mail file /var/mail/pecondon as I think it
> should. What can I do to debug?
> What information is needed by people who might give me advice?

What is in your fetchmail config file? How do you start fetchmail? What
option did you choose in eximconfig (when it asks what type of mailing
site you want) and how did you answer the questions? Since exim is run
from inetd per default, is there a smtp: line in your /etc/inetd.conf?
What's in /etc/hosts.deny, /etc/hosts.allow?
What program do you use to read your mail?
--

I did not vote for the Austrian government