Dual Boot Problems

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can help me with the following problem:

I have 2 HDs, and I just had Win98 installed on the slave HD. I had to
physically disconnect the master HD to do it, because I was using the CDs
that originally came with the computer and I didn't want them to overwrite my
Linux isntallation.

Anyways, I configured lilo to point to the Windows partition like this:
/////////////////////
other=/dev/hdd1
    label=Windows
    table=/dev/hdd
ran lilo. No errors.
But when I try to boot into Windows, it says "Loading Windows" and gets stuck.
The only way I can boot into Windows is by again physically disconnecting the
master HD. What is going on? Perhaps it is worth mentioning that one of the
partions on the master HD is FAT32 with no Windows on it. Could it be that
the Windows boot loader gets confused somehow?

Thanks. Any insights are greatly appreciated.

Alec