Re: Dual Boot Problems

Alec wrote:

> Anyways, I configured lilo to point to the Windows partition like this:
> /////////////////////
> other=/dev/hdd1
>     label=Windows
>     table=/dev/hdd
> ////////////////////
> ran lilo. No errors.
> But when I try to boot into Windows, it says "Loading Windows" and gets stuck.
> The only way I can boot into Windows is by again physically disconnecting the
> master HD. What is going on? Perhaps it is worth mentioning that one of the
> partions on the master HD is FAT32 with no Windows on it. Could it be that
> the Windows boot loader gets confused somehow?

Windows needs to think it is on hda. I have Windows on hda1 and a backup
copy on hdb1. I can boot either one with the following lilo.conf entries.

other=/dev/hda1
        label=win
        table=/dev/hda

other=/dev/hdb1
        label=winbak
        map-drive = 0x80
        to = 0x81
        map-drive = 0x81
        to = 0x80
        table=/dev/hdb

I am not sure, but you may need to adjust the map-drive for your hdd.

--
David Raeker-Jordan
mailto:rkrjrdn@epix.net