Re: Dual Boot Problems

On Sun, Dec 09, 2001 at 03:03:31PM -0500, Alec wrote:

| I have 2 HDs, and I just had Win98 installed on the slave HD.
| But when I try to boot into Windows, it says "Loading Windows" and gets stuck.
| The only way I can boot into Windows is by again physically disconnecting the
| master HD. What is going on?
| Could it be that the Windows boot loader gets confused somehow?

Yes, very.  Windows will only boot if it is on the master disk of the
primary controller.  I recommend making a linux boot floppy,
reordering your disks so that windows is first and linux is second,
booting to linux and updating your boot loader config.

-D

--

The heart is deceitful above all things
    and beyond cure.

I the Lord search the heart
    and examine the mind,
to reward a man according to his conduct,
    according to what his deeds deserve.

        Jeremiah 17:9-10