Re: certificate for courier pop3

On Mon, 2001-12-03 at 04:27, Marek Cermak wrote:
> Hello
> I have problem with certificate generated with mkpop3dcert
> for courier-pop3-ssl. It has been generated for localhost
> and I need it for FQDN of my pop3 server. I need self
> certified certificate.
>
> Please, how to generate it ?

Well I'll take a shot at this for you. CCing you too since it's been a
week and you may have given up hope.

Look into the /usr/lib/courier directory and the mkimapcert command
therin.  You'll need to edit your imapd.cnf and then move your old
certificate out of the way and run the mkimapcert command to make a new
certificate.  It worked for imap-ssl for me, I'm assuming it will do the
same for pop-ssl.

--mike