Re: procmail recipe not working

On Thu, Dec 06, 2001 at 05:32:48PM -0600, shock wrote:
| On 2001.12.06 20:23 dman wrote:
| >
| > I've been getting a bunch of spam on a certain list.  The latest
| > message has the following From: line :
|
| i had the same problem with a different spammer.  no matter what i did,
| i simply could not get the procmail recipe to properly filter the
| thing.

at least I'm not a freak ;-)

| i finally gave up and ditched procmail recipes altogether.
|
| don't get me wrong, i still use procmail.  i modified my .procmailrc to
| call a perl filter script i wrote using Mail::Audit and
| Mail::SpamAssassin.  Now, rather than stumbling around with procmail's
| recipes, I just filter based on the power of Perl.

I've been thinking of making a similar thing, just so I can list each
spammer on one line instead of 4.

I saw a mention of a distributed spam-identification system in the
weekly news, so I'll check that out too sometime.

-D

--

Windows, hmmm, does it come with a GUI interface that works or just
pretty blue screens?