Re: procmail recipe not working

On 2001.12.06 20:23 dman wrote:

> I've been getting a bunch of spam on a certain list.  The latest
> message has the following From: line :

i had the same problem with a different spammer.  no matter what i did,
i simply could not get the procmail recipe to properly filter the
thing.  i finally gave up and ditched procmail recipes altogether.

don't get me wrong, i still use procmail.  i modified my .procmailrc to
call a perl filter script i wrote using Mail::Audit and
Mail::SpamAssassin.  Now, rather than stumbling around with procmail's
recipes, I just filter based on the power of Perl.

So far, it's been *fantastic*.  Mail::SpamAssassin is unbelievably
accurate, and the filter script behaves exactly as I expect it to.
--