Re: global environment variables?

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 10:56:26AM +0100, Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:
| dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> writes:
|
| > On Mon, Dec 03, 2001 at 03:51:32PM +0100, Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:
| >
| > | No, if you are running gdm and GNOME then it's ~/.gnomerc -- this is
| > | the right file for your personal setup like environment variables. But
| >
| > Oh, ok.  Is there any documentation on it?  man doesn't find any.  Is
| > it just an sh script?
|
| It has the same format and purpose as the .xsession file.

Thanks for the info,

unfortunately gnome-session still doesn't keep these values.

Anything run from bash has the correct setting, but anything run from
panel (or sh (ash)) has the system default.

At least vim provides a work-around for it - in my .vimrc :
    language en_US.UTF-8

-D

--

"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user' as
meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver."