Re: Computer won't power off

dman,
  Thanks for this info.  I was previously using the
potato kernel 2.2.? and did the "apm=on" in lilo.conf
and when I gave it a shutdown it shutdown.  Then I
moved up to hernel 2.4.12 and I had to manually
shutdown my laptop, the "apm=on" was still in
lilo.conf so I was stumped.  As you said inset apm
into /etc/modules and it will work that is the step I
forgot.  Did that and now it works thanks for the
information.
Don