Re: Stil having mail problems

On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 11:25:49PM -0400, cmasters wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 04:03:07AM +0100, Carel Fellinger wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 10:18:35PM -0400, cmasters wrote:
> > > set logfile '/home/<username>/logs/mail/log'
> >
> > have a peek inside this log file ans see if it rings a bell, or share
> > a sanitised version with us
> >
> Not able to peek at them, they aren't getting there ...

There should be fetchmail-logs.  So, check and double check that ~logs
and ~/logs/mail exist and are directories and have proper permissions.

sidestep: how are you calling fetchmail? as ordinairy user?
          with extra options on the command-line?

> > > poll pop.<ISP> with proto POP3 and options no dns
> >
> > not sure the keyword options is allowed here
>
> That's the way the rc was written by fetchmailconf

so, for the time being, let's pretend it's allowed then:)

> > >        user <remote-username> there with password <passwd> is <local-username> here options stripcr warnings 3600
> > A wild guess what might be wrong is that your usernames or your passwd
> > contain funny chars, like spaces or tabs.
>
> Nope ... I'm getting my mail fine using getmail (fetchmail replacement)

You mean you don't have funny chars, or you do have funny chars there
but that should be alright as getmail worked?

> The few logs I have managed to locate all show activity, retrieving, and
> flushing, but they aren't being transferred to any of the desired mboxen
> or to any defaults.

> > > # Put ## before LOGFILE if you want no logging
> > > LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/logs
> >
> > Again have a peek inside this file and share it with us

does logs show up here?
does $MAILDIR exist, is it a dir, has proper permissions?

--
groetjes, carel