Re: Stil having mail problems

cmasters <cmasters@despamnbnet.nb.ca> writes:

> Could someone please explain why fetchmail/procmail combo continues to
> reject ~any~ messages not expressly addressed to me (aka my Return addy).
> I've attached "sanitized" copies of .fetchmailrc, .procmailrc, and .muttrc

Sorry, have already erased earlier posts ;-(

1. What's your MTA ? Exim or something else. .muttrc is probably
   irrelevant, but your MTA config file might shed some light.

2. Try the equivalent of this as an opener for your procmailrc

#   -*- procmail -*-

# This is my Procmail file started 18/02/2000
# Procmailrc comes in two parts - first you tell it where everything is
# then the recipes for allocating mail!
# LOCATION SECTION
SHELL=/bin/bash
LINEBUF=4096
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin
VERBOSE=on
DEFAULT=$HOME/.incoming/other.spool
MAILDIR=$HOME/.incoming
LOGFILE=$HOME/Mail/procmaillog
FORMAIL=/usr/bin/formail
SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail # even for exim, postfix etc

3. Why no logs.  Just to try something else, try this in .fetchmailrc

set  syslog
# next line when uncommented sends output to /var/log/maillog

If that does anything, post up results!

Glyn

               *          Here we are then.......               *
               * http://members.tripod.co.uk/Christchurch2000uk *