Re: Stil having mail problems

On Thu, Nov 29, 2001 at 04:03:07AM +0100, Carel Fellinger wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 10:18:35PM -0400, cmasters wrote:
> > Could someone please explain why fetchmail/procmail combo continues to
> > reject ~any~ messages not expressly addressed to me (aka my Return addy).
> > I've attached "sanitized" copies of .fetchmailrc, .procmailrc, and .muttrc
>
> > # Configuration created Tue Nov 27 17:08:11 2001 by fetchmailconf
> > set logfile '/home/<username>/logs/mail/log'
>
> have a peek inside this log file ans see if it rings a bell, or share
> a sanitised version with us

Not able to peek at them, they aren't getting there ...

> > poll pop.<ISP> with proto POP3 and options no dns
>
> not sure the keyword options is allowed here

That's the way the rc was written by fetchmailconf

> >        user <remote-username> there with password <passwd> is <local-username> here options stripcr warnings 3600
>
> During testing I would add "keep" to the options!

Just added that to the config

> A wild guess what might be wrong is that your usernames or your passwd
> contain funny chars, like spaces or tabs.

Nope ... I'm getting my mail fine using getmail (fetchmail replacement)

The few logs I have managed to locate all show activity, retrieving, and
flushing, but they aren't being transferred to any of the desired mboxen
or to any defaults.

> ----------~/.procmailrc--------------------
> > # Put ## before LOGFILE if you want no logging
> > LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/logs
>
> Again have a peek inside this file and share it with us
>
> > INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/testing.rc
> > INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/lists.rc
>
> I would go for a simpler version first. Comment the above include's out
> ans use this simple recepi instead:

I'll try that. Thanks for the suggestions.

> :0:
> Test
>
> --
> groetjes, carel