Re: multithreading sounds

Thus spake Martin Kacerovsky:
> > Try killing the root esd process and letting it auto spawn (and die) for
> > your user accounts.
> That means that I don't run anything and it should work?
> i've tried it and it didn't work, (mp3blaster don't start any daemon )
> i haven't found any manpage to esd.conf, can you tell me which lines
> be there and which shouldn't
> my esd.conf:
>
> [esd]
> auto_spawn=1
> spawn_options=-terminate -nobeeps -as 2
> spawn_wait_ms=100
Mike -
esd is usually run as a daemon that allows other programs to acces the
sound hardware, like gnome or xmms.  try running two programs that use
esd at the same time and see what happens.  If you don't use X, I
don't think esd will do you a whole lot of good in this respect,
though.
Steve
--
Old age is the harbor of all ills.