Re: Problems downgrading

> Hi, i'm present as Batuke here and this is my first question.
>
> I've installed Debian with libc6 2.1.3... and then i install libc6 2.4.x from
> the unestable release.
>
> The new libc6 was installed but many conflicts appears. So i try to install
> the libc6 2.1.3 but i can't do it! Dpkg searchs for ldconfig and can't find
> it.

Mmmh, I have had exactly the same problem !
During the des/installation of libc6 2.4.x, the binairy /sbin/ldconfig
seems to desappear. This binary comes from the 'ldso' package.
If you want I can put my binairy  available somewhere on the WWW, so you
can copy it in /sbin/ and run dpkg again to downgrade your libc6 package.

Fred.

|  ,-.  |Frédéric BURLET                Linux Forever...  |
|  oo|  |IIIième Maitrise Informatique, FUNDP             |
| /`'_) |HomePage : http://www.info.fundp.ac.be/~fburlet  |
|(\__|/ |NamurLUG : http://namurlug.org                   |