Re: Don't use kernel 2.4.15/2.5.0 (fs corruption)

* nate <debian-user@aphroland.org> spake thus:
> Jeronimo Pellegrini said:
> >
> > I've seen some people here talking about the new 2.4.15/2.5.0
> > kernel. Please, don't use it. It'll cause some forruption on your
> > filesystem when unmounting filesystems.
>
> problems like this is why i believe 2.4 is not near stable yet, and
> why i won't be usin it for at least 10-11 more months on anything
> including test systems.
>
> 2.2 all the way ....

It's a personal choice of course...

But, if everybody thought like that then the kernel would truly be
unstable a long time before all bugs were found. Sometime you just have
to take a few chances ;-)

Regards,
Stig

--