Re: Problems downgrading

Batuke said:

> I want to know if there is some way to do things like these, or if
> it is not  recomended to research on upgrade / downgrade packages.

i do not believe it is reccomended to attempt to downgrade
critical packages. downgrading tools like mozilla, apache,
netscape, Xfree is not a big deal, but downgrading libc
may cause many problems. if your really serious you can
try this:

1) download the .debs for libc6 & friends from packages.debian.org
manually
2) try dpkg -i --allow-downgrade filename.deb for each of them, or
try dpkg -i --force-overwrite filename.deb

or..
find base2_2.tgz on the distribution site and extract that into
the root directory of your system, it should overwrite the needed libs.

WARNING THIS MAY MAKE YOUR SYSTEM UNUSABLE. do so at your
own risk. hopefully you didn't install too many packages
that depend on the new libc. i reccomend backing up anything
you want to keep just incase.

nate