Re: Virus incident

I am a newbie to Debian. One of the things I look forward to is
receiving intelligent
polite answers to my stupid newbie questions. I have experienced
newbie-only lists on other
distributions. They are depressing.

Thanks to all you experienced Debian users who are welcoming and
helpful.

Paul

aig Dickson wrote:

> > Brian Nelson wrote:
> >
> > > Debian isn't about holding newbies' hands.
> >
> > What do you want them to use, Red Hat? Heaven forbid.
> >
> > >  There isn't a mailing list dedicated to newbies
> > > installing debian.  The information is out there; it's up to them to
> > > find it, understand it, and apply it.  It's like a right of passage.
> > >
> > > Besides, isn't this the debian-user mailing list, for discussions
> > > among debian users?
> >
> > Yes, and newbies are also users, so their questions are appropriate in
> > this forum.
> >
> > Of course there isn't a debian-newbies list. Nobody would read such a
> > thing except the newbies, and they wouldn't be able to answer each
> > others' questions reliably, for obvious reasons.
> >
> > Craig
> >
> > --
begin:vcard
n:Condon;Paul E