Re: lots of outgoing mail

hi,

At 12:37 PM 11/23/01 +1100, Marc-Adrian Napoli wrote:
>hi,
>
>looking for an MTA that will deliver lots of outgoing mail nice and fast.
>currently we have one mail server doing in/out (qmail) but would like to
>split outgoing onto a seperate mail server because our outgoing mail is
>going to increase.
>
>someone suggested postfix as the best solution. can anyone else suggest
>otherwise?
>
>regards,
>marc.

You better define lots, and the intended hardware

p2-350 dedicated solely for this task,  1 gigabyte RAM running on debian 2.4

>are we talking thousands of messages a day? hundreds? millions?

probably between 100-200,000

and are you going to be sending messages concurrently? or one after the
other? (someone will have a better term for it)

either/or depending on the MTA!

im thinking postfix is my best option? ive been told its def. faster than qmail?

regards,
marc.