Re: Best choice for video card

I asked:

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Patrick McFarland wrote:

> It isnt up to the distro or desktop enviroment to what video
> card you choice. Its up to the windowing manager. I presonally
> recommend an ati raedon or raedon 8500, or any recent matrox
> card (450+ or 550). Nvidia likes to make their own versions of
> software often making it incompatible with most setups. This
> includes their own personal gl library.

Many thanks, that's a piece I clearly need.

I'm running Enlightenment with Gnome 1.4. Can someone advise me
further?

Nate suggests that the nvidia works if you compile your own kernel,
and that the Matrox G400 and voodoo 3000/3500 are quite stable.

Anyone else care to help?

Thanks

--David
David Teague, dbt@cs.wcu.edu
Debian GNU/Linux Because software support is free, timely,
                 useful, technically accurate, and friendly.
                 (I hope this is all of the above.)