Re: emacs related

On Thu, Nov 15, 2001 at 07:56:37PM -0800, Craig Dickson wrote:
> Jeffrin wrote:
>
> I think you want auto-fill-mode. You may also want to look at some of
> the Emacs Lisp variables having to do with auto-formatting, such as
> sentence-end and sentence-end-double-space.

Does anyone know how to manage tabs properly in text mode? I hit the
tab in various places, and I get different indents every time. Also,
sometimes I seem to get an auto-indent effect when the line wraps, and
sometimes I don't.

	  This indent is huge. I hit tab once. At another time I might
	  get 4 spaces instead of eight. I want 4 consistently, and I
	  thought that was what I set in my .emacs file. Note the
	  auto-indent here.

Thanks,

Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <michael.soulier@home.com>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix