Re: Installing Debian

On Fri, November 16, 2001 at 22:23:39,
spyros abatielos <spyrosaba@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am new to linux and I am trying to install debian linux from the CDs I
> bought. My PC is a SCSI machine with two HD and windows ME installed on
> drive C. I want to install debian linux on drive D. The machine has also a
> CD-Writer and a DVD-ROM. The SCSI ids are:
> id 0 -> HD C:
> id 1 -> HD D:
> id 2 -> DVD
> id 4 -> CDRW
>
> I set in bios the boot sequence to start with the SCSI device and the SCSI
> configuration to start booting from id 2 or 4 where I place the Debian CD
> ROM. When I start the machine I get the following:
>
> ---------------------------------------
> Bootable CDROM is detected.
>
> The Boot Sections on your CDROM are:
> 0. DEFAULT ENTRY
>
> Your CDROM is now assigned as Drive A:.
> The original Drive A has become Drive B:.
>
> Then the pc starts booting from the hard disk into windows.
>
> Could you please help me? How can I proceed with the installation?
>
> Spyros

Hi, maybe http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/ will help you.
On this page you can find installation instructions for debian on
numerous architectures in many translations.
Have a look.

Regards,
Frank T.

--
There are no threads in alt.binaries.pictures.erotica,
so there's no gain in using a threaded news reader.