Re: emacs related

"Michael P. Soulier" <michael.soulier@home.com> writes:

> Does anyone know how to manage tabs properly in text mode? I hit the
> tab in various places, and I get different indents every time.

Right.  In text modes, hitting tab will usually line the cursor up
with one of the words on the previous line.  If you want to tab to
tab stops, use tab-to-tab-stop (M-i).

If you want indented paragraphs, use M-x paragraph-indent-text-mode,
or M-x paragraph-indent-minor-mode if you are in mail composition or
something like this.

Check out the Emacs manual for more detail on these concepts.  I
believe all the commands I mentioned are in the index.

An armed man is a citizen; an unarmed man is a subject.