Re: boot from rescue into single user or with no modules loaded

Ian Thomas said:

>    Now the system won't get past these error
> messages.  It starts to boot, then these messages just
> keep repeating over and over again.  How can I boot up
> with no modules loaded from a boot disk or the CD-ROM?
> I figure if I can do this, I'll update LILO and be in
> good shape.

be patient and you'll succeed. ive had the same problems
before. the screen scrolls like mad spitting out those
errors but the system is still (barely) functional.

best thing i can reccomend is to type very carefully,
don't expect to be able to read whats on the screen very
easily. i remember in vi i would have to exit/reload
vi about 20 times to be able to edit/save a file. because
the screen kept filling with those errors.

ive done it a few times so i know its possible its just
very annoying :)

nate