Re: apache-common requires mySQL?

* Tom Allison (tallison1@twmi.rr.com) spake thusly:
> John Hasler wrote:
>
> >Tom Allison writes:
> >
> >>Can someone explain why Apache-Common requires MySQL to be installed?
> >>

> Ok, so it isn't the end of the world.
> But, why is mysql referenced in Apache?
> What is the function.

At a guess, authentication module. Apache is a mess; with all those
possible options and modules, I would rather build it from source then
use pre-packaged binary -- well, on a production swerver, anyway.

And yes, I also twitched when I saw that mysql dependency. Being a
long-time debian user I figured it was just a library that won't be
used anyway... still, WTF?

Dima
--
One distinguishing characteristic of BOFHen is attention deficit disorder.
Put me in front of something boring and I can find a near-infinite number