Re: ext3 to be in 2.4.15!

Jeronimo Pellegrini wrote:

After all, wouldn't I have to reinstall everying on a new set up partitions in order to get the support for ext3???

No, you just have to use tune2fs to add a journal file to each
partition, and change your fstab. ext3 is forward and backward
compatible with ext2. Oh -- you will need a recent version of e2fsprogs

J.

So, unlike what I read in ReiserFS, I can just hang out on this for a while and then upgrade at my leisure? This is so totally cool!!!! Is there an performance difference between this "conversion" and starting from scratch?