Re: ext3 to be in 2.4.15!

Michael P. Soulier wrote:

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 12:53:38PM -0500, Jason Wojciechowski wrote:

It's a conscious choice.  I've read that Alan Cox is a big fan of lots
of small-change releases rather than a few big ones.

    I guess it makes sense to release that way, I just wish they versioned a
little differently, so I could decide what version to upgrade to without
incorporating the bug of the week.
    Mike

Well, it's pretty easy. I upgrade when I need to and then I usually either hang back at least one revision or wait ~2 weeks before I do it, to make sure the smoke has a chance to clear.

I went from the stable kernel in potatoe to 2.4.9 to 2.4.12. I had to get to 2.4.12 because 2.4.9 had some irda problems.

I won't get getting into 2.4.15 for a while yet as I'm curious to see how this ext3 really shakes out and how it's used. After all, wouldn't I have to reinstall everying on a new set up partitions in order to get the support for ext3???