New User. Hello

Hello All.  Debian Newbie here.

I'm curious why there's no deb package for the
latest (4.10 ?) version of XFree86.  Or at least,
I haven't found it on debian.org.

Are there issues running 4.10 of XFree86 on
potato?

It seems my video card (the one I want to use,
a Matrox G450) is only supported under V4.10 of
XFree86.

I'd prefer the simplest possible acquire/install
procedure, so I figured a deb package was the thing,
right?

Speaking of which...

Can anyone recommend a serious tutorial on using
dselect, or an X-based alternative to dselect?
I just don't seem to grok it yet...  The 'man'
pages aren't helping.  I invariably end up doing
something wrong while in "Select" mode and end
up Xing out of that for fear of messing things up.

rafe b.