Re: video playback corruption

Shaya Potter said:
> I've been seeing a problem recently (I've only had the laptop since
> "recently", so it never worked) when playing certian video (mpeg1
> or avi's) on my laptop (thinkpad t-21, with a s3 savage/IX-MV).
> When I play a DVD in xine, everything works fine, but when I try to
> play any other file, I basically get a messed up overlay + correct
> sound.  what I mean by "messed up overlay" is that instead of just
> the solid blue screen, I get a "marbalized" blue/green screen.
>
> Has anyone else seen this?  I'm suprised it works fine for DVDs

possible that the player cannot decode the video because of
a lack of codecs. i've seen it before and was fixed by installing
new codecs that supported the video format your trying to view.
specifically i had the problem when trying to view a DivX 4.0
video, played audio fine but no video till i installed the libs
to play it.

never tried a dvd, never will. dvd is evil

nate
(owner of a thinkpad T20)