Re: Help: SB16 & 'potato'

Hello Joseph,

Wednesday, October 17, 2001, 07:41:38 Acasica, you wrote:

JWD>   Okay, I know it's been asked a million times before, probably, but anyone
JWD> know of a step-by-step guide to getting a Soundblaster 16 to work under
JWD> 'potato'?  Starting with what modules do I have to put in kernel when first
JWD> installing the system, and with what options, and ending with "You now have
JWD> sound."

JWD>   [and, if anywhere in the process are the words "recompile the kernel", you
JWD> might as well just shoot me now. :]

it's not hard.
i have a creative sound blaster 16 myself.
just do "modprobe sb" and you're all set.
i think you're supposed to edit /etc/modules.conf or /etc/conf.modules
and add an alias for sb
but i bet modutils can do that for you.
good luck and don't forget "saytime" and "mpg123"
Dani,
X unsupport.