Re: Help: SB16 & 'potato'

On Wed, 17 Oct 2001, Petre Daniel wrote:
> it's not hard.
> i have a creative sound blaster 16 myself.
> just do "modprobe sb" and you're all set.

  I'm surprised - that *did* work.  I had managed to get it working before
on a previous installation of potato I had by jumping through hoops with
insmod, isapnp and suchlike. [bad memory on my part - I have no idea these
days just what I finally did last time to get it to work :]

> i think you're supposed to edit /etc/modules.conf or /etc/conf.modules
> and add an alias for sb
> but i bet modutils can do that for you.

  I remember trying to do that before and ending up with a ton of
"/etc/modules.conf is newer than /lib/modules/2.2.19pre17/modules.dep"
errors [and vice-versa].

> good luck and don't forget "saytime" and "mpg123"

  First things I grabbed. :)

 work every day and has a job to do."    [Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"]