Re: Sound not working in X/Gnome - Was:How to make on board VIA VT82C686B sound chip work?

Hi,

> I didn't realize that there was anyone else running a shuttle
> mainboard. Cool. On an unrelated topic, do you get some garbage on the
side of
> your screen that seems to be caused by interence from something? My board
> has a Savage S3 chip on board and I'm assuming that this is the cause of
> the problem. This only appears in console mode, not in X.

I'm not sure what 'garbage' you mean...
Sometimes I have some flickering white 'scanlines' to the right of some
windows when I try to drag them.

Also, what X server are you useing?
The SVGA server which came with Potato seems to support Savage4.
But there's also one to download at ftp.spacewalker.com .
I don't know what's the difference...

regards,
Balazs