Re: maildir : mutt and fetchmail

* dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> [2001.10.15 15:44:46-0400]:
> Should this go before or after the other rule(s)?  Also, who is
> supposed to add the Lines: header?

you can make it the first rule. the Lines header is something left
over from mbox format, which mutt uses (unfortunately)...

> That's an interesting technique.  The main drawback is that it
> duplicates messages.  Gives a sort of deja-vu feeling :-).  Does
> procmail allow specifying multiple destinations?  Something like :

well, in my case, i use webmail only now and then, and i archive my
duplicates weekly, so i only ever have a week's worth of mail that's
duplicated. it works, but then i am using my laptop for mail 99% of
the time, so maybe for you it's different...

as for multiples... i am not sure, but if in doubt,

:0 c
Incoming/

:0
/var/spool/mail/dsh8290

will do the trick. you don't need the ':' after the :0 because Maildir
needs no locking, and you might just leave the "* ^.*" out as it
always matches non-zero mails... which are the only kind that ever
arrives at procmail.

http://www.vcnet.com/bms/