Hello and 1st Question

Hello everyone.

Forgive me if my first several questions sound stupid, I've just begun with
Linux and have tried to learn what I can, but there is so much to learn.
I'm familiar with Unix protocols on the wire, but have never worked directly
with the OS before a couple months ago.  Microsoft has frustrated me to no
end, and so, for my career's sake, I'm learning about Unix now and the
various distributions of Linux now.

Anyways, here's my first question.  I've heard Woody mentioned several times
now and I thought it was a seperate distribution of Debian.  Now, I've begun
hearing about upgrading? to it.  Where would I find out how to do that?
Just point me in the right direction if it's too long to explain.

I'm interested in it because I've heard tell that KDE is included with Woody
but not with Potato (which seems to be part of the "stable" distribution).
I've played around with Gnome and KDE (KDE was under Corel Linux) both, and
prefer KDE.  I want to try setting it up under Debian.  I'm pursuing that
goal in another fashion as well, but I doubt this will be the last time I
hear about Woody, so I'd like to see what it looks like.

Thanks in advance,

Bradley