Re: IRC DCC through a firewall

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 03:58:21PM +0100, Andrew Pritchard wrote:
| I've got a Debian firewall setup, which is working ok. I can DCC
| receive files, but I can't DCC send. The ip_masq_irc module is
| installed on the firewall. If I try to send, it starts trying to
| send, the receiver gets the right IP address, and sends the
| acknowledgement, but the transfer never starts. Have I
| misconfiguered something or is this by design?

Are you using ipchains or iptables?  Also, what sort of setup does
your ISP have?

I tried to DCC send to someone once, we both have Frontier Lightning
Link and are on different masqueraded subnets.  The connection was
never established.  I was able to do a DCC chat with someone else who
has a decent ISP (no masq-ing) one time.

-D