IRC DCC through a firewall

I've got a Debian firewall setup, which is working ok. I can DCC receive files,
but I can't DCC send. The ip_masq_irc module is installed on the firewall. If I
try to send, it starts trying to send, the receiver gets the right IP address,
and sends the acknowledgement, but the transfer never starts. Have I
misconfiguered something or is this by design?

Cheers,

Andrew

"I do not agree with what you say,
but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Francois Marie Arouet Voltaire (1694-1778)