Re: SPAM WARNING: spammers use Debian lists for harvesting

Ailbhe Leamy wrote:

> > > however, this is both obnoxious, and useless - the mass mailers that i
> > > have seen (no, i am not a spammer) have features that check for a wide
> > > variety of such blocks, and successfully remove them...
>
> > What's obnoxious about it? I don't want spam, dad. It's that simple.
>
> That's fine. I never bother to email people who use this kind of
> spamtrap, though. And a few people on this list have received
> potentially useful information from me, I know.
>
> Why should I go to extra bother to help you?
>
> Ailbhe

You shouldn't help me then, if you don't want to, or it's too much
bother. Your choice. I'm sure I can live with it. If my address puts
some people off, then so be it.

Personally, I'm quite happy to help other people when I can, whether
they use a plain email address or not.

alex