Re: SPAM WARNING: spammers use Debian lists for harvesting

also sprach Alex Hunsley (on Wed, 03 Oct 2001 11:41:50AM +0100):
> Less sarcasm young man. Many people may find this list via the debian
> users newsgroup, which can be read by anyone, subscribed or not. Also
> the archives can be read before subscribing.

usenet, well, maybe... but archives are usually searched, not browsed.
in any case, i would like to apologize for my sarcasm.

> to email me, remove the BLOCK from addressS

however, this is both obnoxious, and useless - the mass mailers that i
have seen (no, i am not a spammer) have features that check for a wide
variety of such blocks, and successfully remove them...

qvid me anxivs svm?