Re: Printing with Epson 880, CUPS, & unstable - landscape only

Thanks for all the suggestions.  The fun continues... :)

I decided to go and hook up the Epson 880 to a Debian unstable machine
(running 2.4.9) that I installed and that I've been successful at printing to
an Epson 777.  I went to the CUPS web administration tool, changed the
printer driver type and then immediately sent an ASCII file, a PS file, and
PDF file to the printer.  Each and every document came out with the correct
orientation (portrait)!

I didn't set up the other Debian machine (one where CUPS only prints
landscape), but I now suspect that something is conflicting with the
cups-gimp-print drivers and causing the re-orientation.  Unfortunately, I
have no idea what this may be.

Also, I checked the working configuration's ppd file and it has a
"LandscapeOrientation: Plus90" just as the machine that prints consistently
in landscape mode.

I'll pass along information if I figure out what's forcing the landscape
orientation on the one machine.

Pete