Re: Voodoo3. DRI, X4.1.0 and Bus mastering

Thanks for replies so far....

Stephen Gran suggested that I look for a setting in the BIOS to search PCI 1st.
Unfortunately the BIOS in this machine has a funky graphical UI (i.e. is
designed for stupid people) and has no options suitable.

Aaron Maxwell suggested I check the XFree site. This page is also in
/usr/share/doc/xfree-server. And that's how I know it's not being set.

Does anyone know how the layout of modern BIOS is, compared to the 'Old Style'
(as in an AT)? I've attacked BIOS via ports 70h and 71h before, but this modern
PnP stuff leaves me behind.

This is completely frustrating. The machine in question is one of those
'E-Machines', a budget buy from CostCo. Has anyone got DRI working woith a
Voodoo3 PCI in one?

John.