Re: Printing with Epson 880, CUPS, & unstable - landscape only

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 04:12:04PM -0500, Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
| * Pete Willemsen (willemsn@cs.utah.edu) wrote:
|   Hi Pete,
|   I don't know if it'll help, but here are my "ppd" and "cupsd.conf"
| files attached. THese surely work on my unstable system with an ESC 800
| printer, just like yours.

Cool.  I think the

*LandscapeOrientation: Plus90

line the PPD is what does it.  The printer must default to landscape,
so the ppd tells the filter/driver to rotate the page by 90° so it
comes out portrait.  Try "Plus270" ;-) -- if you want the paper to come
out with the bottom of the page first.

-D

(BTW, I've been trying to get a Canon BJC-610 running on the network
lately so I'm interested in seeing how the various things work in
cups.  I think I have a solution, but I can't test it until I go home
and have the printer to play with.)