Printing with Epson 880, CUPS, & unstable - landscape only

Hi.

I've been attempting to get an Epson Stylus Color 880 printer to work
with my Debian unstable system.  I'm running the latest version of CUPS
from the unstable archive and have been unsuccessful at getting
documents to print in portrait mode.  In other words, every document I
print whether it is text, ps, or pdf comes out in landscape mode.  I
have not modified any of the CUPS config files other than to setup my
printer through the web interface.

For comparison I took an Epson Stylus Color 777 and set it up on a
similar system and it worked correctly printing portrait documents in
portrait mode.

Has anyone experience anything like this?  I'm stumped as to what
configuration files I need to mess with to get the CUPS rasterizer to
print the documents in the correct orientation.  Any suggestions?

Many thanks.
Pete