Re: OT: html or text to rtf conversion tool?

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 10:47:22PM +0100, xio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to find a common denominator with recruitment agencies who
> don't want to accept my cv either in html or text.  Most of them keep
> insisting in asking for a cv in Word format.
>
> Does anybody know if there is conversion tools from html or text to rtf?
> (they'd have to run on Debian)

Samrtass answer, sorry ... I noticed the same thing when I was out
looking a year ago.  Most people were amazed when I told them that
html _is_ a Word format (as far as Word is concerned).

apt-cache search rtf (on an unstable box) yields, among others,

  enscript - Converts ASCII text to Postscript, HTML, RTF or Pretty-Print

You might also consider writing your cv in LaTeX or SGML, and then use
tools to create HTML, RTF, Postscript, etc.

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.