RE: In search of a Linux Virus Scanner

>also sprach Dave Sherohman (on Mon, 01 Oct 2001 04:22:04PM -0500):
>> The only virus scanners I am aware of that run under linux are
>> designed to scan for Windows viruses in traffic that the linux server
>> is handling.

McAfee's (NAI) searches for Windows and Unix variants. From the Virus DAT
update list:

INTERNET WORM (3)
-----------------
BSD/WALK.WORM
W32/ATIRUS@M
W32/MODNAR@MM

LINUX/UNIX FILE-INFECTING VIRUSES (0)
-------------------------------------
No new detections

MACRO VIRUSES (1)
W97M/BACT

>are there any that can interface with postfix packaged as debian? i
>can't find any with apt-cache in testing...

You probably won't find one packaged, but Amavis (www.amavis.org) works
great with Postfix. The Postfix in Unstable works better than the one in
Testing though.