Re: OT: html or text to rtf conversion tool?

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 10:47:22PM +0100, xio wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to find a common denominator with recruitment agencies who
>don't want to accept my cv either in html or text.  Most of them keep
>insisting in asking for a cv in Word format.
>
>Does anybody know if there is conversion tools from html or text to rtf?
>(they'd have to run on Debian)

I used have a headhunting firm and you've stumbled across one area where
the MS lock-in is really strong.  A recruiter who doesn't use Office has
problems with both clients and candidates.  But then once they accept
using Office, they end up forcing it on others.

Computers are tools, not philosophical statements.  If you can't run
Word yourself, send your CV to a friend with Word and your practical
problem will be solved.  If need be, send it to me as I run Office 2000
on the work machine and I'll send you a .doc version back.

Patrick