Attn: xfonts package maintainer (was Re: Fonts lost in Netscape & Mozilla after apt-get upgrade)

> I've just done an apt-get update & apt-get upgrade for the
> first time in a week or two (usig woody), and I've lost the
> fonts ... They're all replaced by strange little symbols,
which
> I assume means the characters is unavailable.

Can the package maintainer comment on this ?? It's becoming
far too common, isn't it ??

What are people doing wrong (I'd argue nothing if it's
happening simply as a result of upgrading/updating X packages)
??

Hall