Re: Fonts lost in Netscape & Mozilla after apt-get upgrade

> I've just done an apt-get update & apt-get upgrade for the
> first time in a week or two (usig woody), and I've lost the
> fonts that appear ... They're all replaced by strange little
> symbols...

<snip>

> The 100 dpi fonts all appear to be present and correct (the
> package is okay).

You're one of many people who has had this occur, including
myself (it was weeks ago though).

I did two things, either of which may fix the problem by
itself. I removed and purged my 'xfs' package and
removed/purged my 'xfonts-100dpi' package. I'm using 75dpi
fonts only. In your case, do the opposite. Also, go through
all the x-windows config files you can find and remove
references to the font package you choose to remove.

Hall