Re: apt-get problem workaround... is this a bug?

%% Jorge Santos <jsf@dep3.fciencias.unam.mx> writes:

  js> I think that, if it is a bug, it should be submited against apt,
  js> since dpkg didn't seem to get to execute.

Looking through the APT bug reports, I think this bug has been fixed in
apt 0.5.4, uploaded to unstable around Aug 20.

Unfortunately, it still hasn't migrated into testing, and when I tried
to grab it from unstable it wanted to pull too many other unstable
packages for me to be comfortable with.

I can live with it the way it is for now.  I can't remember the URL of
the "excuses" page that tells you why something is not migrated into
testing...

 Paul D. Smith <pausmith@nortelnetworks.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools